HAZLETON, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A woman was taken to the hospital Tuesday after a fire in Hazleton.

According to Hazleton Fire Chief Donald Leshko, the fire started at a home in the 500 block of Garfield Street around 9:30 a.m.

Chief Leshko says three people were inside the home at the time of the fire, two of which escaped unharmed and the other had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

According to Leshko, the house is a double-family home and the fire seems to be accidental as crews arrived it showed from the second floor and extended into the third.

Leshko says crews made an ‘aggressive attack’ on the inside of the home and knocked it down quickly, keeping the fire to the 557 side of the building, as the other side of the home is still inhabitable.

The American Red Cross is helping both families involved.