(WBRE/WYOU-TV) Proposed plans for a business park are sparking a lot of opinions in Hazle Township.
It was standing room only at a community meeting on Monday Night. As more than a hundred people turned out to voice their views about a business park being built in the area.
Some people who live there are worried about what the construction could mean for their hometown.
“The way this proposal looks we will now be living in the middle of an industrial park. And we’re concerned with the noise, the pollution, and the traffic that’s going to bring,” Said Shannon Petrill, who lives near the proposed park.
The developers disagree saying the park would make a positive statement and bring in jobs.
Because of the large turnout and more questions, Hazle Township Supervisors did not make a decision.
- “Wood-Mode” Announces It Is Closing Its Door
- Half Marathon Being Planned for Montage Mountain
- Plenty of Questions Asked at the Stormwater Fee Open House
- UPDATE: One dead, two injured in shooting in Scranton
- Cressona residents say condemned property is creating a safety concerns