SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Scranton firefighters say that it was an accidental electrical fire in a first-floor rear bedroom on the 600 block of Gibson Street in Scranton on Tuesday evening.
Two residents called 911 reporting smoke and firefighters were able to get it under control just before 10 p.m. Investigators then worked to determine the cause of the fire, deeming it accidental.
19 residents have been displaced and are being assisted by American Red Cross.
- Minneapolis prepares for possible unrest as Chauvin goes on trial
- Drone video shows swarm of blacktip sharks off Florida coast
- Students in Abington Heights School District return to the classroom, after nearly a year of virtual learning
- Vaccinate NEPA: Pregnancy and receiving the COVID-19 vaccine
- Cyberattack hits Hanover Area High School, National Guard’s cyber division moves in to assist