DUPONT, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A motorcyclist was killed in a crash in Luzerne County Sunday.
Dupont police say it happened around 1 pm Sunday afternoon along Main Street.
A car being driven by an 85-year-old man collided with the motorcycle.
The 61-year-old man on the bike died at the scene.
An eyewitness tells us the motorcycle was stopped at the intersection when the car hit him. That same witness believes the intersection may be a problem area because there have been several crashes there.
“People don’t obey the stop sign,” Casey Wise, an eyewitness to the crash said. “They use it as a rolling red light. They’re looking for cars coming down the highway instead of what’s in front of them. Very rarely do you see anybody with their eyes forward or check twice on this corner.”
Police have not released the names of those involved in the accident as they continue to investigate.
- Police looking for man after Dickson City shooting
- Operation Night Hawk Statistics
- Monroe County Hospice House Getting Ready to Reopen
- Crews Gutting Former Bon-Ton for ShopRite at Stroud Mall
- Woman Beat Child While Child’s Father Recorded The Abuse