SMITHFIELD TOWNSHIP, MONROE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — It’s official. Monroe County’s hospice house in Smithfield Township is re-opening.
A ribbon-cutting will be held this Wednesday at 1 p.m. with an open house the following night beginning at 5 p.m.
Lehigh Valley Health Network closed the facility more than a year ago, but community members fought to have it re-opened. They formed a special committee and worked with hospital leaders to make sure the facility was financially fit to resume end-of-life care.
- Feral cat problem brought to City Hall
- Overnight Fire at Bar & Restaurant in Wayne County
- ‘Pocono Springs’ Project Hits Roadblock
- Earthquake hit central Pennsylvania Wednesday night
- Luzerne County man charged with molesting 12-year-old girl