A man who was involved in a deadly crash in 2014 in Monroe County was sentenced Tuesday.
Daniel Gaughan received 90 days in jail on a careless driving charge. He will also have to pay a fine. Investigators say Gaughan’s big rig slammed into the car in front of him on Shafers School House Road at the Route 209 intersection in Monroe County in 2014.
The driver and passenger survived, but the two women in the backseat did not. The most serious charges in the case were dismissed. The court found there was not enough evidence of gross negligence in the case.
Lawyers did appeal to a higher court, but lost those appeals. Gaughan was sentenced on the lesser charges.
- One person in custody after Nanticoke drug raid
- Eyewitness News Webcast: 6.11.19
- Businessman leaving Lackawanna County
- Keystone Creations: The Beekeeper’s Daughter
- Police looking for man after Dickson City shooting