FORTY FORT, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – The largest autism event in the area stepped off yesterday in Luzerne County.
Forty Fort Recreation Complex was the site of the 12th annual Autism Awareness NEPA 5k Run, Walk and Awareness Fair.
The goal of the event is to educate people about autism.
Participant Lynn Eckrote said, “It can affect anybody so it’s always important to know how to be prepared and how to deal with any situations that may arise.”
All of the money raised goes toward funding autism events in the community.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court upholds Eric Frein death sentence
- ‘Dangerous Dogs’ Strike Again in Monroe County
- Scranton Shooting April 25, 2019
- Navy jet caused sonic booms, officials say
- Hazleton Mayoral Race Heats Up