Investigators say Adam and Sharon Skonieczny of White Haven allowed their 6 year old daughter easy access to the drug methadone and then delayed in calling for medical help. The couple was in District Court in Freeland Thursday for a preliminary hearing before Judge Gerald Feissner. The hearing was continued because the lawyer for the Skonieczny’s had issues with his law license. White Haven Police Chef Tom Szoke told Eyewitness News, “They don’t deny their daughter overdosed on methadone but the issue is the amount of time they took to call for medical help. Their timetable does not add up and that placed the life of their daughter in peril.” Methadone is commonly used by recovering drug addicts. State Representative Tara Toohil heard about the case and moved to have lawmakers take a look at the issue of in home use of methadone. Toohil said, “This little girl could have died. We either have to stop allowing people to take methadone home or place much stricter regulations on its use.” Toohil said hearings on the matter will be held next month in Philadelphia. Governor Tom Corbett appointed a special panel of drug abuse experts to look into the methadone issue after a spike in deaths related to the drug.