VATICAN CITY (WBRE/WYOU) — A toddler from Luzerne County returned from a family vacation with a priceless souvenir.
Two-year-old Taylor Hall was blessed by Pope Francis. The pontiff picked the little girl out of the crowd during her visit to the Vatican last week.
Taylor’s mom Angee said Pope Francis was looking the other way until the last second, when he spotted the toddler from Shickshinny, caressed her face, and gave her a kiss.
Angee told Eyewitness News this moment was extra special, because she and her husband Matt struggled with fertility issues for six years before Taylor was born.
“She was our miracle baby,” said Angee. “We always knew she was a blessing, but now we know she’s blessed.”
Angee said it’s no coincidence that she found out she was pregnant with Taylor on Good Friday three years ago.
- Fourth of July ‘Freedom Fest’ Canceled in East Stroudsburg
- Fentanyl Distribution Ring Busted in Hazleton
- What you should know before voting in the Pennsylvania primaries
- Four Charged in Williamsport Drug Bust
- ‘Day of Prayer’ held in Pittston