WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Wilkes-Barre mayor George Brown announces, in accordance with CDC guidelines, that city employees and visitors on city owned property do not have to wear a mask if they are fully vaccinated, according to a press release from the mayor’s office.
One is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 14 days after their second dose vaccine or 14 days after receiving the J&J vaccine.
The masking update also enforces masks even for those who are fully vaccinated in nursing homes, hospitals, homeless shelters, prisons, planes, trains and other forms of transportation.
The mask order will be in place until 70% of the PA population 18 and up are vaccinated.
- Half-dozen cyclists in critical condition after driver strikes group participating in bike event
- Heavy rain and gusty winds move into our area Saturday
- WATCH: 30-foot whale shark surprises fisherman: ‘Biggest I’ve ever seen in the Gulf’
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record