WILLIAMSPORT, LYCOMING COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — The Lycoming County Visitors Bureau announced on Wednesday that they will not be holding the 2021 Grand Slam Parade this August.
They say since the Little League Baseball is proceeding with this year’s Little League World Series in keeping the Little League players at the complex, the parade would not be viable without their participation.
According to the press release, Williamsport Welcomes the World will still be held with changes to this year’s event including it being moved up one week to the first Friday of the series and will only run as a two-day event (Friday and Saturday) before the MLB Little League Baseball classic held on Sunday.
- Officials say Russian troops killed, wounded in Ukraine approaching 200K: report
- Four displaced in Plymouth Twp. house fire
- Indiana firefighters rescue injured owl stuck in frozen lake
- Bicyclist hit by car, then stabbed to death by driver at California intersection
- Police investigate 50 gallons of diesel stolen in Luzerne County