SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) Lackawanna County is about to make history in a couple of weeks.
May 29th will mark its first ever Lackawanna County Heritage Fair. It’s not your typical event as it will be held at Montage Mountain.
The five-day fair will offer several craft venders, food, entertainment and agriculture. Ten dollars will get you in and includes the rides, entertainment and Montage’s water park.
“We’re excited but we are also exhausted because it’s a lot work. It’s not like putting on a church picnic or something. There’s so much to be done,” said Fair Board Chairman, Armand Olivetti.
The county received a one-time, $50,000 grant from the Lackawanna County Visitors Bureau to kick off the fair.
In the coming weeks, tents will be set up, signage will be posted and vendors will be moving in.
If you would like to buy tickets ahead of time click here. As of this article write-up you can buy tickets for $10
- “Wood-Mode” Announces It Is Closing Its Door
- Half Marathon Being Planned for Montage Mountain
- Plenty of Questions Asked at the Stormwater Fee Open House
- UPDATE: One dead, two injured in shooting in Scranton
- Cressona residents say condemned property is creating a safety concerns