(WBRE/WYOU-TV) A Lackawanna County judge rules an eyesore property in Scranton should be torn down.
A hearing was held this morning regarding the property at 1620 and 1622 Pine Street.
In March 2017 a fire ripped through it.
Demolition was scheduled but the owner, Ken Bond filed an appeal.
Bond of New York owns numerous properties in the city — half are condemned and several are delinquent in taxes.
He made a number of appeals for the Pine Street demolition.
However, he did not show up to Thursday’s hearing.
The judge ruled he will no longer be able to appeal and ordered the property be demolished.
- Florida Woman Arrested for Prostitution in East Stroudsburg Hotel
- Tom Notchick: Stroke recovery update
- Crestwood School District Upgrades
- Coroner rules after-hours club shooting death in Scranton a homicide
- Help coming on blocking scam calls for robocall-plagued US