KINGSTON, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A man accused in the brutal murder of a Luzerne County man has been returned after being on the run for weeks.
Devin Cunningham was brought back today by Virginia Authorities to face charges in the murder of 71-year-old Joseph Monka of Edwardsville in April.
Cunningham and three other teens, including Monka’s granddaughter, 17-year-old Gabriella Long, have been charged with the crime.
Christopher Cortez, another suspect, told investigators he stabbed the victim in the neck several times and Cunningham used a golf club to assault the elderly victim.
Cunningham was captured by U.S. Marshals at his mother’s home in Fairfax, Virginia.
- “Wood-Mode” Announces It Is Closing Its Door
- Half Marathon Being Planned for Montage Mountain
- Plenty of Questions Asked at the Stormwater Fee Open House
- UPDATE: One dead, two injured in shooting in Scranton
- Cressona residents say condemned property is creating a safety concerns