WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — After over a year of many canceled celebrations, Mayor George C. Brown announced on Tuesday that they are planning this year’s 4th of July celebration in Kirby Park.
Mayor Brown says they are going to try to have a similar event compared to past years, but they may have to scale down due to having to rely on donations to fund the celebration, according to the press release.
Brown says the city is seeking musical entertainment and food vendors for the event. Interested entertainers or vendors can call (570) 208-4149 for more information or contact Special Events Coordinator Patty Hughes at email@example.com.
To donate, call (570) 208-4157. Donations can be made payable to the City of Wilkes-Barre.
CDC and PA Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines will also be in place.
- Two people injured in Jefferson Township crash
- Nexstar celebrates 25 years, encourages community service with ‘Founder’s Day of Caring’
- Newsfeed Now: Users say Apple Watches accidentally calling 911; Study finds half of US cosmetics contain toxic chemicals
- Cloud of fog forms in Mammoth Cave creating rare phenomenon
- Can I mix and match COVID-19 vaccines?