WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — The investigation into a deadly shooting in Wilkes-Barre over the weekend is ongoing Monday night as one person was shot and later died due to the injury. Now others involved in the shooting are being questioned.

Police tell Eyewitness News this is an active and intense investigation as gunfire erupted outside the Aqua Lounge early Sunday morning. Detectives say they are still piecing together exactly what happened.

“When you see something like this what’s your reaction,” Eyewitness News asked.

“Just hope you don’t get caught up in it somehow or another and be an innocent victim,” Bob Kadluboski of Wilkes-Barre replied.

Bob Kadluboski was one of the first on the scene early Sunday morning after gunfire lit up the parking lot outside Aqua Lounge at around 1:00 a.m., on Sunday.

“I happened to be coming back from Kingston, I saw the cruisers flying down. I got there like minutes after it happened and you could just tell by the scene that it was serious. Then when I saw a large amount of blood on the ground I knew it was very serious,” Kadluboski added.

Wilkes-Barre Police say they responded to a call about a disturbance at the Aqua Lounge. That disturbance led to the parking lot, where the victim involved in the disturbance inside, was shot outside. He died a short time later at the hospital. Detectives say others involved in the shooting were questioned.

Eyewitness News saw Wilkes-Barre City Detectives back at the scene Monday and Eyewitness News has confirmed they were looking for video taken by security cameras on businesses in the South Main Plaza.

The shooting was the most recent crime in this area. In recent years there have been stabbing and other shootings in this general area.

The name of the victim has not yet been released and an autopsy was completed Monday morning. The results of which have not yet been released.

The District Attorney says the investigation is ongoing. Business owners Eyewitness News approached did not want to comment on the shooting and we also reached out to the owner of the Aqua Lounge but we did not hear back.