SCRANTON, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — A Hazleton man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for drug trafficking and firearms offenses, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania announced on Wednesday.
Acting United States Attorney Bruce Brandler says the indictment alleges that William Heck, 40, was in possession of more than 40 grams of methamphetamine and owned a gun despite already being a convicted felon. Brandler says Heck also had fentanyl meant for distribution in the area.
If found guilty, Heck faces a minimum sentence of ten years in prison and a maximum life term.
- Newsmakers to Air Sunday: Topic Gambling Addiction- April 11, 2021
- Pfizer, BioNTech ask FDA to approve use of vaccine in children ages 12 to 15
- Penn State soccer earns Big Ten honors
- Vaccinations could help fans pack stadiums in the fall
- Young hero honored by Freeland American Legion for saving baby sister’s life