Hi, It is Jayne Ann Bugda from the Producers Pod!
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland From the Quote Garden
A program reminder: Our Celebrating Women program in honor of Women’s History month will air Sunday, March 24th at 11:30 am on WBRE. We have some great local stories- including a feature by Brianna Strunk on Carol Drazba- one of the first women killed during the Vietnam War —- who was from Lackawanna County.; Kelly Choate remembers Renee Bower from Berwick- an how she touched her community; Rachael Espaillat tells how women are now paving the way for Yuengling Brewery.
*Have you check out our new Podcasts? They are hosted by Nick Toma and produced by Ron Williams. Interesting topics! Andy Mehalshick talks about Stormwater Fees, Meet the Morning Crew- Kelly, Chris, and Stefano; Remembering Renee- Kelly Choate talks about the Berwick Theatre owner Renee Bower and more!
Join Dennis Owens for Sunday’s ‘This Week in Pennsylvania: What lessons were learned from the T-M-I accident and what does the future hold in store for the nuclear plant?
This and much more on This Week in Pennsylvania airs Sundays at 6:30 am on WBRE
Jane King’s KA-Ching Report is out. Click here Don’t forget to tune in for Jane King’s Reports every morning on Eyewitness News.
Director Sandy Wisnewski, Haley Bianco and Bryan Scofield checking in with this week’s PA Live Highlights!
In the PA Live Kitchen This Week- Another great week of recipes and more! Join us in the PA Live Kitchen every day at 4 pm on PA Live!
Monday Enzo’s Lunch
Tuesday Meal Prep – Heather Parsons
Wednesday Galen Glen
Thursday Meat in the Middle
Friday Little Lenny’s
Don’t forget on Tuesday we try out a new product! The Tuesday Tryout on PA Live!
Got a Question?
If you have a veteran’s issue- you can call Judge Tom Munley of Veterans Views at 570-706-7418. You can also reach Judge Munley on PAHomepage.com
If you have a legal question you would like answered by Law and You team of Attorney Greg Fellerman and Attorney Ed Ciarimboli you can call 570-706-7429. You can also submit a question on PAHomepage.com
Got a question about your finances? Financial Forum with Christopher Scalese- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11 am and Tuesday and Thursday during our 7 pm Newscast on WYOU
Good News- In Case You Missed It- Here are some good news and heartfelt stories you can see right here on PAHomepage!
* Anja Whitehead and Photojournalist Mark Albrecht showed us Trolley 790 – it is now part of a cottage in a wooded area- and work is underway to restore the trolley!
* Mark Hiller showed us the power of therapy dogs when they visited the children at Aveanna Healthcare
*Rachel Espaillat brought us good news a grant to improve the playground in Minersville, Schuylkill County.
*Photojournalist Joseph Butash got us up to sped on the restoration of the DL &W Station in Wyoming County.
Don’t forget to check out the Community Link here on PAHomepage. This Weekend’s Community News Features.
* Cantores Christi Regis, the King’s College all-student choral ensemble, will perform its 17th annual spring concert 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 29, and Saturday, March 30, in the Chapel of Christ the King. The concert is free and open to the public.
* Bill Carter and the Presbybop Sextet will perform a jazz concert on
Sunday, April 7 at 4 pm at the First Presbyterian Church
* The Greenhouse Project and SEEDS are pleased to announce the second annual NEPA Green Fair & 5K Run / Walk on Saturday, April 27th at Nay Aug Park in Scranton to celebrate our environment.
* TV Personality and Honesdale Native Brian Balthazar Returns Home for Special Appearance in Fashion Show Fundraiser at The Cooperage, April 7 at 2:30 pm. This year will feature fancy eats out of The Cooperage kitchen and the Moka Origins chocolate fountain! Signature cocktails by Lang Beverage Company and wine will be available for purchase. Please do not BYOB. Don’t forget about the silent jewelry auction! Doors open at 2:00pm.
Tickets are $40 with advance reservation or $50 at the door. To reserve please call 570-253-2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Team:
Join the team on Saturday 6 am and 8 am and Sunday Morning at 7 am and 9 am Brianna Strunk along with Kevin Derek .
Mark Hiller, Kristina Shalhoup and Robin Deehan will be here on for Eyewitness News at 6 and 11 (on WBRE/WYOU)
Producer Katie McMahon
On Sunday, Candice Kelly and Nick Toma , Josh Hodell, – AJ Donatoni for Eyewitness News –
Weekend producer – Rachel Vitale
Zack Smith on the Assignment Desk
Our Eyewitness News Producing Line-Up-
Leo Russo- Executive Producer
Jayne Ann Bugda- Senior Producer PAHomepage and Eyewitness News at 7 pm
Dave Becker – Eyewitness News at 11 am and Noon.
Katherine Lachette- Eyewitness at 5
Ron Williams – Social Media
Rachel Vitale Eyewitness News 11 – Monday through Thursday
(Eyewitness News 6 and 11- on Sundays)
Katey McMahon- Eyewitness News at 11 Friday and Eyewitness News Saturday 6 and 11
.Kaitlin Sosnowski-Ayer is your 5 am and 6 am producer.
Varvara Budetti (Saturday/Sunday Morning)
What’s on TV Tonight?
Saturday, March 23, 2019
CBS- WYOU- TV
NCAA Tournament followed by 48 Hours at 10 pm
NBC –WBRE TV
World Figure Skating Championships- followed by the Best of Saturday Night Live!
Later, after Eyewitness News at 11 pm it is Saturday Night Live.
Sunday, March 24, 2019
CBS- WYOU TV
CBS Sunday Morning
Future exploration of Mars;
Singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile;
Comic Kathy Griffin;
NCAA men’s basketball tournament brackets;
The ongoing debate over Brexit;
Actor Marsai Martin.
Cyber espionage tool Pegasus;
Legal sports betting;
And actor Samuel L. Jackson.
God Friended Me; NCSI Los Angeles, Madame Secretary
World of Dance and Good Girls
Thank you for making Eyewitness News Part of your Day!!