Hi, it is Jayne Ann Bugda from the Producers Pod!
Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr. (From the Quote Garden)
Since 1999 WYOU has been helping Children’s Miracle Network raise money for the Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital in Danville. This year we continue that commitment and for the first time the reach of WYOU and WBRE are combined to help this tremendous facility.
In years past, we’ve asked for your support over the course of a weekend. This year, we’re focusing our efforts on a single day – Monday June 3rd – and we hope you’ll join us in supporting the children’s hospital.
We’ll bring you some touching examples of how the efforts of children’s miracle network and the Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital has truly impacted so many young lives – and those of their families – in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania.
In case you missed it on Thursday we wished our friend and colleague, Kelly Choate, a fond farewell. Kelly is beginning a new chapter in her life. She was part of our team for six years. Here is the segment from the 11 pm news as we wished Kelly well! Good Luck and Angel Blessings Kelly!
Join Dennis Owens for Sunday’s ‘This Week in Pennsylvania
This Week in Pennsylvania airs Sundays at 6:30 am on WBRE
*Check out Keystone Creations Exclusively here on PAHomepage– Eyewitness News Reporter Kristina Shalhoup is your guide some interesting businesses right here in NEPA. This week she featured Hocsocx, a field hockey socks- made by Debbie Lefkowitz and family in Forty Fort.
*Have you check out our new Podcasts? They are hosted by Nick Toma and produced by Ron Williams. Interesting topics! This week the morning crew talked about their recent series on : Unusual Rescues
Jane King’s KA-Ching Report is out. Click here Don’t forget to tune in for Jane King’s Reports every morning on Eyewitness News.
Director Sandy Wisnewski, Haley Bianco and Bryan Scofield checking in with this week’s PA Live Highlights!
In the PA Live Kitchen This Week- Another great week of recipes and more! Join us in the PA Live Kitchen every day at 4 pm on PA Live!
Monday _CMN Celebration
Wednesday Bum’s Rush Pub
Thursday Pizza Perfect
Friday Beer house Cafe
Don’t forget on Tuesday we try out a new product! The Tuesday Tryout on PA Live!
Got a Question?
If you have a veteran’s issue- you can call Judge Tom Munley of Veterans Views at 570-706-7418. You can also reach Judge Munley on PAHomepage.com
If you have a legal question you would like answered by Law and You team of Attorney Greg Fellerman and Attorney Ed Ciarimboli you can call 570-706-7429. You can also submit a question on PAHomepage.com
Got a question about your finances? Financial Forum with Christopher Scalese– Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11 am and Tuesday and Thursday during our 7 pm Newscast on WYOU
Good News- In Case You Missed It- Here are some good news and heartfelt stories you can see right here on PAHomepage!
* Photojournalist Lonnie Miller spent some time at Bill Keating’s Barbershop. The 85 years young Keating is retiring –after many years in business in Wilkes-Barre.
* Morgan Parrish – joined some seniors for “National Senior Health and Fitness Day“ at a special event in Lycoming County.
* Cody Butler took us to the field of competition for the Special Olympics in Wyoming County.
* Rachel Espiallat enjoyed an evening at the Lackawanna County Heritage Fair!
* Photojournalist Anthony Cundro was in Weatherly when the bells rang for the first time at the Schwab School. This was a long time community project and plenty of pride and community spirit in this story.
Don’t forget to check out the Community Link here on PAHomepage. This Weekend’s Community News Features.
* it’s time to start thinking summer vacation! Twice this summer, Hawk Mountain will host its one-of-a-kind Appalachian Adventure Camp for young nature enthusiasts entering grades 4-8.
* Williamsport Area High School honors students.
* Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Barricade, Transformers replica vehicles, will roll out on Pocono Township Community Day.
* A craft beer festival- you are invited to Escape the rat race and become a certified River Rat instead this summer!
Join the Team:
Join the team on Saturday 6 am and 8 am and Sunday Morning at 7 am and 9 am Brianna Strunk along with Kevin Derek .
Mark Hiller, Kristina Shalhoup and Robin Deehan will be here on for Eyewitness News at 6 and 11 (on WBRE/WYOU)
Producer Katie McMahon
On Sunday, Candice Kelly and Nick Toma , Josh Hodell, – AJ Donatoni for Eyewitness News –
Weekend producer – Rachel Vitale
Zack Smith on the Assignment Desk
Our Eyewitness News Producing Line-Up-
Jayne Ann Bugda– Senior Producer PAHomepage and Eyewitness News at 7 pm
Dave Becker – Eyewitness News at 11 am and Noon.
Katherine Lachette– Eyewitness at 5
Ron Williams and David Barr- Social Media
Rachel Vitale Eyewitness News 6 – Monday through Friday
Katey McMahon- Eyewitness News at 11 Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Eyewitness News Saturday and Sunday 6 and 11
.Kaitlin Sosnowski-Ayer is your 5 am and 6 am producer.
Varvara Budetti (Saturday/Sunday Morning- Monday and Tuesday- 11 pm)
What’s on TV Tonight?
Saturday, June 1, 2019
God Friended Me at 8 pm; 48 Hours – at 9 pm and 10 pm
Songland followed by NBC Dateline
Sunday, June 2, 2019
CBS – Sunday Morning
D-DAY + 75 – Richard Schlesinger reports on a group that restored a World War Two C-47 transport plane and flew it back to Normandy for the 75th Anniversary of D-Day.
FOR THE RECORD: THE JONAS BROTHERS – Tracy Smith catches up with the Jonas Brothers, who open up about their break-up and how they reunited for a new documentary and tour.
JUSTICE DELAYED – Lee Cowan explores the nation’s bail system, which some advocates maintain is unfair to some Americans, specifically, the poor.
SUNDAY PROFILE: MINDY KALING – Luke Burbank profiles Mindy Kaling, the comedic writer/actress from “The Office” and elsewhere.
GEORGE WILL – Ted Koppel interviews conservative newspaper and TV journalist George Will, who talks about the country and his new book.
PASSAGE – Elizabeth Palmer looks at the history and legacy of the Tiananmen Square massacre 30 years later.
Scott Pelley sits down with Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell;
Correspondent John Wertheim reports on the Golden State Warriors’ transition.
God Friended Me at 8 and 9 pm followed NCIS Los Angeles
American Ninja Warriors followed by America’s Got Talent at 10 pm
Thank you for making Eyewitness News Part of your Day!!
- Massachusetts fugitive picked up in Hazleton
- Dangerous Dog Owner Facing Charges
- Lackawanna County launches inaugural fair
- ‘Dangerous Dog’ Owner Faces Charges, Troopers Received 26 Reports
- The Latest: Tornado touches down near Iowa City