(WBRE/WYOU-TV) An elected official accused of stealing tens of thousands of dollars from county government pleaded guilty to those charges this morning
Former Northumberland County Prothonotary Justin Dunkelberger was then sentenced to four years probation.
He was also sentenced to community service and has to pay a fine,
Dunkleberger, admitted to stealing $30,000 while he was in office from 2014 to 2017.
The Attorney General’s Office told Eyewitness News has already paid back the $30,000 in public funds that he stole.
- Therapy dogs available at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton airport
- The Latest: Note says shooter’s family sends condolences
- Tunkhannock Special Olympics
- Natural gas industry along with local and regional leaders oppose severance tax
- Tambur Family Foundation Honored