(WBRE/WYOU-TV) The former headquarters of Bethlehem Steel Corporation, now known as Martin Tower, will be demolished this weekend.
The unique, 21-story building is shaped like a cross, reportedly because that would allow builders to construct the greatest number of corner offices.
The shape made it too expensive to redevelop.
The building opened in 1972 and has been unoccupied since 2007.
Crews have spent two years removing asbestos from the building and now, it’s coming down on Sunday.
- Florida Woman Arrested for Prostitution in East Stroudsburg Hotel
- Tom Notchick: Stroke recovery update
- Crestwood School District Upgrades
- Coroner rules after-hours club shooting death in Scranton a homicide
- Help coming on blocking scam calls for robocall-plagued US