(WBRE/ WYOU)- The streets of Pottsville will be crowded with people for a weekend dedicated to art and more.
A first ever, Food Truck Friday is kicking off the 13th annual Block of Arts Festival.
On the first friday of each month people will be able to grab food from food trucks scattered in the downtown area.
The Schuylkill County Historical Society has also joined celebrating the annual street artwork festival, by featuring artist maryanne McKay this weekend. Her exhibit is centered around children working during the coal mining era.
“When they look at my artwork i want them to see the voice of the children. Who had no voice of their own. They toiled really hard and had no choices in their lives,” Mary Ann McKay, multidicplinary artist said.
the festivals mission is to expose fine art to residents of Schuylkill County and beyond. Artists from across the state will have their work on display in multiple pop-up galleries.
- Developing Story: UPDATE: Lockdown Over at Greater Nanticoke Area High School
- State Trooper Charged With Patronizing Prostitutes in Monroe County
- Fourth of July ‘Freedom Fest’ Canceled in East Stroudsburg
- Scranton property owner owes thousands
- Eyewitness News Webcast: Friday, May 3rd