MUNCY, LYCOMING COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Officials with the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections (DOC) reported the first COVID-19 related death at SCI Muncy, on Tuesday.
The DOC says a 62-year-old inmate, who had underlying medical conditions, was taken to the hospital where she tested positive for the coronavirus. She died five days later.
The inmate was serving a 10 to 40-year sentence for burglary. She had been at SCI Muncy since 2013.
- Wi-Fi lift zones to help low-income families in Lycoming and Clinton Counties
- New program aims to help Pennsylvanians
- Carbon County hospitality-related businesses open applications for COVID relief funding
- Central Pennsylvania woman becomes NASA flight director
- New CDC guidelines means some vaccinated people can visit loved ones again