CENTERMORELAND, WYOMING COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – More than two dozen are firefighters gathered in Wyoming County for a presentation on preventing fire-related cancers.
The Pennsylvania Fire and Emergency Services Institute and the Northmoreland Township Volunteer Fire Company hosted a Saving Our Own program in Centermoreland.
The presentation focused on helping firefighters take necessary steps to reduce the risk of fire-related cancers. A former fire chief of the Harrisburg Fire Department was the keynote speaker.
He said one way to help reduce firefighters’ exposure to carcinogens is for crews to keep their masks on after the fire is extinguished.
- Feral cat problem brought to City Hall
- Overnight Fire at Bar & Restaurant in Wayne County
- ‘Pocono Springs’ Project Hits Roadblock
- Earthquake hit central Pennsylvania Wednesday night
- Luzerne County man charged with molesting 12-year-old girl