SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — UPDATE: According to the Scranton Fire Department, the person who was transported to a hospital is described as a male in his late 30s. As of 3 p.m. he was listed in critical condition at GCMC. The fire is now listed as undetermined.
The Scranton Fire Marshal is investigating a fire that broke out early Tuesday morning.
According to crews on scene, the fire broke out around 5:30 a.m. at an apartment complex at the corner of Orchard Street and Prospect Avenue.
The fire chief told Eyewitness News there are five apartments in the complex, but the fire was contained to one first floor apartment.
The occupant of that apartment was transported to a Scranton area hospital.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by city fire investigators.
- Remembering Thomas “Coop” Cupillari’s impact on Keystone College
- At least 13 dead after SUV carrying 25 crashes with semitruck near US-Mexico border
- Pittston Police K-9 ‘Blitz’ to retire, next dog in line comes with a price
- Vaccinate NEPA: Choice of vaccine manufacturers
- Gov. Wolf announces millions in relief for hospitality industry