PLYMOUTH, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — An early morning fire in Plymouth, that sent one firefighter to the hospital and left one section of a double-block home with extensive damage, has been ruled an accident.

A Fire Marshal on the scene investigated the early morning fire and deemed it as accidental due to electrical issues.

Plymouth Fire Company #1 Foreman Thomas McTague told Eyewitness News that the call for the fire at 28 Turner Street in Plymouth came in around 3:00 Monday morning. Crews were on the scene for nearly three hours working to put the fire out.

No one in either of the homes was injured during the blaze but one firefighter was taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

Foreman McTague said that unit 28 sustained extensive damage while unit 26 suffered smoke and water damage.

A total of eight people have been displaced due to the fire.