(WBRE/WYOU) – Domino’s is teaming up with robotics company Nuro to use an unmanned vehicle to deliver pizza.
Nuro’s driverless vehicle, called the R-2, can deliver everything from food to dry cleaning. The pilot program is expected to roll out later this year in the Houston area.
Customers who place their orders online can track the vehicle via the Domino’s app and retrieve their pizza with a unique pin code that unlocks the compartment. Domino’s says the unmanned vehicles could be an additional delivery option during peak ordering times.
- Feral cat problem brought to City Hall
- Overnight Fire at Bar & Restaurant in Wayne County
- ‘Pocono Springs’ Project Hits Roadblock
- Earthquake hit central Pennsylvania Wednesday night
- Luzerne County man charged with molesting 12-year-old girl