SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — A structure fire on 19th Avenue in Scranton was reported just before 10:30 on Monday morning.
Eyewitness News has been told that everyone got out of the home safe, but Assistant Fire Chief Jim Floryshak says one firefighter has been injured and sent to hospital. He says, the injuries are non-life-threatening.
Upon arrival, firefighters were attacking the fire from inside, but conditions got worse so Floryshak says they evacuated the building.
The fire is now under control, but they are working there way around the house to ensure there is nothing else burning.
Floryshak says it was a difficult fire and commends the 25 firefighters working on the scene.
The Fire marshal is on scene to determine cause. The Red Cross is assisting and says at this time they are unsure how many people are displaced.
- Inside NY Baseball: Yankee prospect Estevan Florial; this week’s Press Pass
- Michigan child, 4, dies after being shot with pellet gun
- New government program offers $50 off monthly internet bill for eligible households: Here’s how to apply
- Guests at Las Vegas Strip sound off on new mask policies in resorts: ‘Not taking those chances’
- Alabama mom hospitalized with COVID-19 meets newborn son for first time