(WBRE/WYOU-TV) Zachary Collett of Maryland pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter in Monroe County Court on Friday. He was accused of pushing his girlfriend, Brianna Burkhart, into Route 611 in Barrett Township during an argument back in September 2018.
Burkhart was then hit and killed by a vehicle. That driver was not charged. A sentencing date has not been scheduled.
- Developing Story: UPDATE: Lockdown Over at Greater Nanticoke Area High School
- State Trooper Charged With Patronizing Prostitutes in Monroe County
- Fourth of July ‘Freedom Fest’ Canceled in East Stroudsburg
- Scranton property owner owes thousands
- Eyewitness News Webcast: Friday, May 3rd