(WBRE/WYOU-TV) A Northumberland County woman is locked up accused of attempting to poison a couple.
Police were called to the scene in West Chillisquaque last Friday after a 73-year-old woman found green crystals in her cigarettes.
Officials tell Eyewitness News that their caregiver 37-year-old Tina Young allegedly put rat poison into the tobacco.
Authorities say it was an apparent attempt to kill the pair for having her fired.
Young is in Northumberland County prison after being unable to post 2 hundred 50 thousand dollar bail.
- Feral cat problem brought to City Hall
- Overnight Fire at Bar & Restaurant in Wayne County
- ‘Pocono Springs’ Project Hits Roadblock
- Earthquake hit central Pennsylvania Wednesday night
- Luzerne County man charged with molesting 12-year-old girl