WEST MILTON, UNION COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — It wasn’t your typical commencement — the caps and gowns were replaced with church music.
On Thursday, seven women stood at the alter of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in West Milton to receive a different kind of diploma.
They graduated from a free program called Circles of Love. It’s a 16-week course designed to break the cycle of generational poverty.
The class is about more than just money. Students were also able to build healthy relationships and discover new resources in the Union County community.
“I’m looking forward to the day that I can repay the people who did so much for me,” said graduate Suli Goodlief. “I just want to help someone else now.”
In July, those graduates will begin a financial literacy course put on by Members Choice Financial Credit Union.
- Florida Woman Arrested for Prostitution in East Stroudsburg Hotel
- Tom Notchick: Stroke recovery update
- Crestwood School District Upgrades
- Coroner rules after-hours club shooting death in Scranton a homicide
- Help coming on blocking scam calls for robocall-plagued US