(WBRE/WYOU-TV) The National Weather Service is confirming a tornado that a tornado did hit Lackawanna County on Sunday night into early Monday morning.
According to Weather Investigators, it started in Scranton and it ended in Sherwood Park in Dunmore. An EF-0 tornado hit the area. An EF-0 has winds of 65 to 85 miles per hour winds. Three other tornados were confirmed in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania on Monday. The National Weather Service said an EF-1 tornado did touch down in Buffalo Township, Union County, Benton in Columbia County and Harford, Susquehanna County. According to the NWS, an EF-1 has winds of 86 to 110 miles per hour.
- Keystone Creations: Ritter’s Farm Markets
- Your Eyewitness Weather Forecast
- Fire out, organ intact but work ahead for charred Notre Dame
- Pennsylvania Residents and Travelers Urged to Watch for Severe Weather
- National Weather Service to survey damage in Scranton, Waymart