TOBYHANNA TOWNSHIP, MONROE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) Emergency crews, called to the Blakeslee diner Friday morning.

 There’s damage to both the diner, and the apartments above the well known restaurant.

   Brianna Strunk is in Tobyhanna Township and has details on the blaze.

Above the diner – at least ten people rented rooms. Some tenants were home this morning – others were not. The American Red Cross is now helping them.

Everyone made it out safely – including diner staff and customers.

Tobyhanna Township fire chief tells Eyewitness News  the fire started on the second floor – and several departments helped put it out.

Earlier this year the historic Blakeslee Inn burned to the ground – that is not far from where the diner is located.

Most of the damage was contained to the upstairs apartments.

Blakeslee Diner owners plan to get the decades-old food spot back up and running as soon as possible.