WILLIAMSPORT, LYCOMING COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – Some in Lycoming County took time to honor the past of baseball yesterday.
The “original league” opening ceremony was held at the home and birthplace of little league baseball.
Ten teams and several volunteers were recognized for their hard work and dedication at “Carl E. Stotz field” in Williamsport.
Although not affiliated with little league baseball, leaders of “original league” say it’s important to remember the man who started it all 80-years ago.
Original league” also celebrated a new honorary member — Giovanni Hamilton, a Williamsport boy who suffers from a rare genetic disorder.
- Developing Story: UPDATE: Lockdown Over at Greater Nanticoke Area High School
- State Trooper Charged With Patronizing Prostitutes in Monroe County
- Fourth of July ‘Freedom Fest’ Canceled in East Stroudsburg
- Scranton property owner owes thousands
- Eyewitness News Webcast: Friday, May 3rd