(WBRE/WYOU-TV) Many people are missing out on important health benefits by failing to consume enough fiber. KPRC’s Haley Hernandez reports.
Gut health” is a buzzworthy term in medicine right now as more research is identifying diseases that are linked to your gut.
If you’re staying hydrated and eating enough fiber, your digestive tract is functioning properly. However, Kristin Kabay, a dietitian at Advice for Eating, says most people aren’t getting enough.
Fiber can prevent illnesses like heart disease, diabetes and colon cancer, according to Kabay.
- Feral cat problem brought to City Hall
- Overnight Fire at Bar & Restaurant in Wayne County
- ‘Pocono Springs’ Project Hits Roadblock
- Earthquake hit central Pennsylvania Wednesday night
- Luzerne County man charged with molesting 12-year-old girl