Apartment Fire May Have Been Sparked by Grill

News
Coronavirus

SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) A Bar-B-Q grill may be to blame for starting an apartment building fire in Scranton.
 
The fire broke out on Sanderson Avenue around 1:30 Wednesday morning
    Officials believe the flames from a grill spread to the building… Damaging a third-floor apartment and attic.
    Several other apartments also have water damage.
    With the recent stretch of warm weather and more people firing up their grills… The assistant fire chief is urging safety when it comes to grilling

“One of the things you shouldn’t do is use a grill on a combustible porch. In fact, if you are going to grill, it should be 10 feet away from any combustible surface,” said Jim Floryshak, Assistant Chief Scranton Fire Department.
   The Red Cross is helping those displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar

Your Photos

Top Stories

More Top Stories

Latest Videos