LEWISBURG, UNION COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) Crews were dispatched to the 1000 block of Buffalo Road at Playworld Systems for an automatic fire alarm this afternoon.
En route, they were told there was an active fire in the building. At that point they called for an additional alarm.
Once on-scene, they saw a large volume of smoke and flames showing from the roof and the center of the manufacturing portion of the building.
Then they took an offensive operation to douse the flames.
Fire was put under control around 4 p.m. as multiple departments from many counties responded to beat the blaze.
Everybody from the structure was evacuated and accounted for. Building sustained extensive damage.
Two firefighters sustained minor injuries and were taken to the local hospital for precautionary purposes.
State Police Fire Marshal is investigating. Chief says the fire did not appear to be suspicious in nature.
Playworld is a commercial playground equipment manufacturer.
PennDOT reports that all lanes of Route 192 are closed from Fifteenth Street in Lewisburg Borough and Reitz Boulevard in Buffalo Township.
This is a developing story. We will update this post as we learn more.
- Two Hanover Township residents arrested in drug bust
- Fire breaks out at Susquehanna County auto service center
- Ellen DeGeneres to end talk show after 19th season: ‘It’s just not a challenge anymore’
- Newfeed Now: House GOP ousts Rep. Liz Cheney from top post amid Trump criticisms; Sinkhole drains 17-acre lake
- Woman accused of shooting a mother, kidnapping her twin newborns in Savannah