(WBRE/WYOU-TV) State Rep. Maureen Madden, D-Monroe, announced on Tuesday that the115th Legislative District will benefit from $1.85 million in state funding.
“Working alongside my colleagues on both sides of the aisle in the House and Senate, I am proud to announce this funding for essential projects in my district,” Madden said in prepared release.
The projects and awards are as follows:
· $650,484 to East Stroudsburg Borough to rehabilitate the Middle Dam.
· $421,835 to the Monroe County Industrial Development Authority to upgrade the lighting systems of the Mountain Center in Coolbaugh Township, Monroe County.
· $238,492 to Stroudsburg Borough to purchase solar compacting garbage cans in downtown Stroudsburg, Monroe County.
· $217,524 to the Monroe County Industrial Development Authority, on behalf of East Stroudsburg University, for a community health education and simulation center.
· $215,000 to the Monroe County Industrial Development Authority, on behalf of the Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport Authority to replace the airport’s aviation fueling system.
· $105,000 to the Monroe County Industrial Development Authority on behalf of Coolbaugh Township Volunteer Fire Co. to upgrade an existing firehouse to use as an emergency shelter for residents in case of a natural disaster.
· $7,663 to Stroudsburg Borough to purchase solar parking garage lights for a two-story parking lot between Ann Street and Hood Alley located in the borough.
(Information from Roseann Cadau)