PITTSTON, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – A first-time event in Luzerne County aimed to bring peace and awareness to the community.
People of various religions gathered yesterday at the Pittston Amphitheater for what was billed as “Pittston Day of Prayer”.
‘Perspective Church’ in Pittston sponsored the event that’s modeled after a national day of prayer –which is held the first Thursday of May.
Multiple churches participated to share a common denominator.
Participants sang to music, heard from community leaders, and gave blessings to first responders at this inaugural event.
- Developing Story: UPDATE: Lockdown Over at Greater Nanticoke Area High School
- State Trooper Charged With Patronizing Prostitutes in Monroe County
- Fourth of July ‘Freedom Fest’ Canceled in East Stroudsburg
- Scranton property owner owes thousands
- Eyewitness News Webcast: Friday, May 3rd