We have the perfect recipe for Christmas morning on the show today. Joining us now from the Fell Stone Manor is Executive Chef Becky Geisel. She will be making baked eggnog French toast.
1-2 loaves of Challah Bread or Brioche (sliced into 1-1 1/2 thick slices)
2 1/2 cups of Eggnog
2 T sugar
2 T cognac or rum
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
2 T light corn syrup
1c of mixed fresh berries for garnish
1. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. Heat the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Cook and stir until the mixture begins to boil; remove the mixture from heat, and pour
into the prepared baking dish.
3. Place slices of Challah, layered, on top of the sugar mixture.
4. Combine egg nog, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk together until completely combined. Pour evenly over bread slices.
5. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
6. Once it has refrigerated for designated time, remove plastic wrap and then over with foil.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Then, remove foil and raise oven’s temperature to 375 and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until french toast has started to brown on top.