JFBB Paints the Mountain Pink for “Ski for the Cure” Breast Cancer Awareness Day

Community
Ski for the Cure_65249309

A fun day is planned for the 12th Annual “Ski for the Cure” Breast Cancer Awareness Day at Jack Frost Ski Area on Saturday February 23rd. The event benefits Susan G. Komen Greater Pennsylvania. 100 % of the net proceeds are donated to the organization. 75% stays local, providing much needed breast health services for medically underserved and uninsured women and men in our local community. The remaining 25% will fund the Susan G. Komen National Research Grant Award Program.

Our event includes a Pledge Drive Ski-A-Thon, Pink Olympic race gates, Dedication Run, raffle ticket sales, tricky tray, selfie station, tee shirt sales and lots more.

Registration begins at 8 am in the main lodge guest services area at Jack Frost for the Pledge Ski-A-Thon and Pink Olympic race gates. We ask skiers/riders/tubers to participate in the Pledge Drive Ski-A-Thon and get donations from friends and family to support them as they ski /ride/tube for the Cure on February 23. Pledge sheets are available at Jack Frost guest services or on line at jfbb.com events (2/23/2019, Ski for the Cure). Pink Olympic timed race gates are from 9am to 10:30am on the Ridge Run trail for a $5.00 donation. Medal ceremony for the best times takes place at 3:15 pm. “Pink Olympics” is open to skiers and boarders of all ages.

The main event is the Dedication Run at 11:15 am. We gather together for a Dedication Service and Run. The Dedication Run remembers all those who lost their battle to breast cancer and honors those in treatment and breast cancer survivors.

Raffle tickets, tricky tray and more are available on weekends during the month of February at the donation table located at the Jack Frost guest services area. Drawings takes place on the day of the event February 23.

JFBB is pleased to have donated over $265,000 to Susan G. Komen Greater Pennsylvania over the past eleven years through our fundraising efforts and as a result have become the second largest fundraising event in the Northeastern region. Jack Frost will donate $2 of each lift ticket sold that day.

Please join us for Breast Cancer Awareness Day and give your support to help those in our own community as well as finding a cure for breast cancer. Together we can and will make a difference. Don’t forget to wear PINK.

For further information please contact Bernie Oldroyd, Chairperson of “Ski for the Cure” at 570 443-8425 X 2671. Donations can be made payable to “JFBB Ski for the Cure” and mailed to JFBB Ski for the Cure, P.O. Box 1539, Blakeslee Pa., 18610 or you can donate on line at jfbb.com, shopping cart or log onto events February 23, Ski for the Cure.

(Information from Bernie  Oldroyd)


If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our Eyewitness News App. You can also follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3-Day Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar

Your Photos