A Little Love: Meet Abbie

A Little Love

BLOOMSBURG, COLUMBIA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – Abbie is a young woman who simply wants to experience life.  This 16-year-old has so many passions like baseball, swimming, and especially bowling. 

She wants to share her enthusiasm for all these hobbies with a forever family.  

Eyewitness news and Abbie made the trip to P-Nut Bowl in Bloomsburg to hit the lanes and practice her skills.   

“Abbie is spunky,” says Diakon child recruiter Katie Juliana.  “She’s full of personality.  She’s goofy.  And she loves to be around people.”  

Abbie says it’s the simple things, like bowling, that she dreams of doing with a family. 

“I would actually like to have a good mom who would actually do stuff with me,” says Abbie.  

She has so many positive qualities to bring to that family.  For one thing, she gives great constructive advice to her bowling competitors.  So instead of only trying to beat them, she’s helping them do better. 

“That’s called good sportsmanship,” says Abbie.  “I’m not like those other people out there who have bad sportsmanship.  Nobody likes a sore loser.”

And for any family debating whether or not to adopt, Abbie has something she wants to say to you too. 

“Open your heart,” says Abbie.  “Just be open minded and confident about new kids.  Their life could be a lot better.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

A Little Love

Do you have a little love to share?

So many children are looking for a permanent home and family... a family just like yours.

Each month WBRE Eyewitness News - working with the Statewide Adoption & Permanency Network -introduces you to some extraordinary kids who could change your life.

All you have to do is share A Little Love!

For more information please call 1.800.585.SWAN.

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar

Your Photos