Sponsored by

The Law and You: June 17, 2013

Attorneys Fellerman and Ciarimboli will answer your questions concerning legal issues.
Q - I just got a new car and need to get insurance. My agent asked me if I want full tort or limited tort. What are they and do I need them?
A - First, yes you do need one or the other. Full tort and limited tort apply when you are involved in an automobile collision. Very simply, limited tort limits what you can recover from someone who hits your car. While full tort allows you to recover your medical bills, lost wages and non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. People often think that if they have "full" coverage on the vehicle they are fully covered. It just isn't the case, you need to be full tort as well. The selection of full tort or limited tort also applies to your husband/wife and kids.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus