White Haven Police are investigating the methadone overdose of a 6 year old girl. It happened at an apartment on Main Street on July 22. The girl survived the overdose but now police have questions about the timeline of events from when the child ingested the drug to when a call went out for help. The girl's parents Adam and Sharon Skonieczny say their daughter drank the methadone from a bottle that was in their bedroom at 7 pm that night. They realized something was wrong an hour and a half later when the child was acting funny and then passed out. The father said he began driving his daughter to Wilkes-Barre General Hospital at around 10 pm and called 9-1-1. Investigators say they have learned that Mr. Skonieczny allegedy took a dog for a walk and took the girl to a McDonald's 13 miles away before calling 9-1-1. All of this as a police officer was on duty right next door and the White Haven Ambulance s located two blocks away. Detectives also seized a computer from the apartment after learning the mother had said she was searching the internet for antidotes to methadone overdose. The child is now in the custody of Children and Youth Services. Charges have not bee filed in the case and attempts to reach the Skonieczny's have been unsuccessful.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.