This hearty country chili is so loaded with it'll be in your starting lineup for football season and any time of the year, really. Kick off the Fall season with a bowl of this Hillbilly Chili and you'll be saying, "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!"
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (15-1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 8 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled
What To Do:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute onions 5 minutes. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.