57°F
Sponsored by

Past LHS President Honored by Schiff’s Food Service

Founded in 1886 as the Lackawanna Institute of History and Science, the Lackawanna Historical Society provides the community with a record of local history through its museum and library collections, exhibits and programs.
  On June 19th, the Lackawanna Historical Society received a donation from Schiff’s Food Service Inc. in memory of past Society president Alan Sweeney.  Each year Schiff’s collects donations for mulligans at its annual golf tournament with proceeds going to the Society. Alan Sweeney, who passed away in 2008, worked for Schiff’s and was President of the Society for many years.  This year’s event raised $880. Pictured in front of a portrait of Mr. Sweeney are Jessica Postal and David Williams, Schiff’s Human Resources department; and Mary Ann Moran Savakinus, Executive Director of the Lackawanna Historical Society.
Founded in 1886 as the Lackawanna Institute of History and Science, the Lackawanna Historical Society provides the community with a record of local history through its museum and library collections, exhibits and programs. In 1942, from the bequest of George H. Catlin the Society established its permanent home at Catlin’s 1912 residence, located at 232 Monroe Avenue in Scranton, Pennsylvania. In 1965 Lackawanna County designated the Lackawanna Historical Society as the official county historical society and the Society continues to serve the county as a center for local history resources.
Fore more information about the program, contact the Lackawanna Historical Society at 570-344-3841 or email lackawannahistory@gmail.com.

(Information from Mary Ann Moran-Savakinus, Executive Director- Lackawanna County Historical Society)
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

7pm-Eyewitness-News-300x100.jpg

iTeam-Tip.png