62°F
Sponsored by

LHS Receives Donation for Capital Campaign

In 1942, from the bequest of George H. Catlin the Society established its permanent home at Catlin’s 1912 residence, located at 232 Monroe Avenue in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
The Lackawanna Historical Society recently received a donation from Robert Huylo and HSA Associates of professional services to prepare project documents for the Society’s project to make much-needed upgrades to electrical and HVAC systems. To date the Society has raised $273,323 of the estimated cost of $525,000. Once completed, the project will provide improved climate control, safety, better lighting, and energy savings at the Society’s headquarters, the Catlin House. Shown in the photo are L-R: Dalida O’Malley, Society assistant treasurer; Michael Gilmartin, Society president; and Robert Huylo, of HSA Associates. Founded in 1886 as the Lackawanna Institute of History and Science, the Lackawanna Historical Society provides the community with a record of local history through its museum and library collections, exhibits and programs. In 1942, from the bequest of George H. Catlin the Society established its permanent home at Catlin’s 1912 residence, located at 232 Monroe Avenue in Scranton, Pennsylvania. In 1965 Lackawanna County designated the Lackawanna Historical Society as the official county historical society and the Society continues to serve the county as a center for local history resources.
Fore more information about the program, contact the Lackawanna Historical Society at 570-344-3841 or email lackawannahistory@gmail.com.

(Information from Mary Ann Moran-Savakinus, Executive Director)

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

7pm-Eyewitness-News-300x100.jpg

iTeam-Tip.png