What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown sausage until no longer pink, stirring to crumble; drain liquid.
- Place corn tortillas in prepared pie plate, overlapping and extending up sides. Evenly layer cheeses and sausage over tortillas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, chili powder, cumin, salt, scallions, and cilantro. Slowly pour mixture over sausage.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set. Serve immediately.
- If you're not shredding your own cheese, check the ingredient labels of your packaged cheeses to make sure they're gluten free.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.