Makes: 3 dozen
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and water; beat well. With a spoon, stir in flour and pecans. Shape into 1-inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are light golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a resealable plastic storage bag; add a few cookies at a time and shake until completely coated. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- These are perfect to make and keep on hand for drop-in company, since they'll stay fresh for a couple of weeks if stored in an airtight container.
- And when you put these out, be sure to serve them with steaming mugs of our Viennese Coffee!
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.