73°F
Sponsored by

Carbon Monoxide Detectors Save Lives

First responders are stressing the importance of carbon monoxide detectors after a tragedy in Lycoming County over the weekend.
First responders are stressing the importance of carbon monoxide detectors after a tragedy in Lycoming County over the weekend.

30-year-old Nathan Reece of Muncy and 23-year-old Jacqueline Stackhouse of New Columbia died. Stackhouse's 3-year-old son Austin Cousins also died, along with two girls, 4-year-old Cadee Hawkins and 8-year-old Nariah Hawkins.

The coroner said all five victims died Saturday morning from carbon monoxide poisoning.

State police said they were using a propane heater without proper ventilation at a cabin in Washington Township.

Wilkes-Barre Assistant Fire Chief John Ostrum said carbon monoxide is a silent killer, but detectors can save lives.

The Wilkes-Barre Fire Department is unable to give away carbon monoxide detectors right now, but they are fairly inexpensive at most hardware stores.

Funeral arrangements are still being finalized, but donations are being collected online:

http://www.gofundme.com/8vo0a8

http://www.gofundme.com/8vf034
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

7pm-Eyewitness-News-300x100.jpg

iTeam-Tip.png